Ever wonder where Christian Singles meet other single Christians for dating and/or courtship? I know some lonely Christian single guys in one of the small groups I lead who sure do. A typical question in our support group goes along these lines: “So how do I go about meeting a nice Christian girl?”
Since we we were curious ourselves (aren't you guys?), we decided to do some research on the Internet. What we found was quite interesting. For example, In 2003 American Demographics surveyed over 1500 engaged couples to find out how they found each other. Here are the results:
Top Ways Singles Meet for Dating
- Online Dating …20%
- Common Interest Activities…10%
So what are Christian singles supposed to do with these findings?
Start by noticing that each one of the top ways singles meet other singles is through them doing something.
In Matthew 7, Jesus encourages us to practice a proactive type of faith when he stated “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.”
Of course, our Lord could answer a single Christian's simple prayer, and supernaturally drop their perfect match into their laps. That would be cool! But more often than not, He wants us to stretch our faith by putting us into a position of prayerful “seeking and knocking”.
I realize there are some Christians who feel that by their inaction they are being spiritual and submissive to the Lord's will for their lives. But our God is a God of action, and He calls us to imitate Him, as long as we do so in faith and humility.
Therefore, in light of the above singles dating survey here are some practical faith-filled steps a Christian single interested in dating could take:
- Circulate your stock. Let your family and friends know you are seeking a mate, and ask them to keep an eye open for you. Don't be embarrassed, but just step out in faith. Unless you express your needs they can't help you. Remember that they know you the best, and may be able to spot a good match for you.
- Step out of your comfort zone. Each year more and more single Christians are using online Christian dating services. Consider doing the same, and as you go remember most of the top Christian Matchmaking sites [http://christian- dating-service-plus.com/christian-matchmaking-sites/] offer free trial memberships. Another neat positive about online dating is that you can search databases for the exact type of person you are seeking to meet, all in your own local area. Just make sure you read about online safety dating tips before venturing out.
- Take time to join in on some fun activities that you enjoy. This could be as simple as attending a church singles group, hobby club, fitness club or sporting event. These are natural ways to meet other singles in your area of passion and interest.
- Don't put all your eggs in one Easter basket. Diversify your efforts by putting all of the above into action.
- Keep a positive attitude. In part, this means claiming God's wonderful promises for blessings and provision in your life (Psalms 37:4, Jer. 29:11, Prov. 3:5,6). Remember, He is in control and knows exactly what you need, when you need it. Has He ever failed you in the past? It's a done deal then!
Overall, putting into action the following Christian singles dating tips should help you “break the ice” toward meeting other available single Christians.